[Unison-hackers] mac patches

Wout Mertens wmertens.spm at advalvas.be
Tue Dec 13 12:29:16 EST 2005

The way I usually hack around this situation is by using the
SSH_ASKPASS environment variable. If you have that and DISPLAY set,
ssh will run the program in SSH_ASKPASS to request the password.

This way, you have programmatic control over the password requesting,
instead of having to handle every tiny variation of the password/
phrase requests. You can cache the password for subsequent connects,
or even automatically install a public key on the remote server with
a separate ssh connection.

I have example scripts for these situations.

Cheers,

Wout.