[Unison-hackers] Stasher bug?

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Tue Jul 12 10:48:18 EDT 2005

Hi,

I upgraded Unison to current (as of yesterday) svn (unison 2.14.10),
and I think I found a small bug. I have a dangling symlink (i.e. a
symlink that points to a file that does not exist) for which "follow"
is _not_ set. When synchronizing  I have an error:

   Waiting for changes from server
Reconciling changes
Error: Error in stashCurrentVersion:
No such file or directory [stat(/Users/schmitta/bin/mlnet)]

where:

schmitta at top ~ % ls -l bin/mlnet
lrwxr-xr-x   1 schmitta  schmitta  31 Jul 11 09:06 bin/mlnet -> /
Users/schmitta/.mldonkey/mlnet

(it's the same dangling symlink on both hosts)

By the way, what are the default backup options? I thought it was "no
backup", so why is it trying to stash something away?

Alan