[Unison-hackers] Wrong error message

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Wed Jul 13 02:44:32 EDT 2005

Hi,

I spent some time yesterday tracking a weird bug: I was alway getting
a "archives are not identical, keeping the old archives" when
synchronizing. After trying many things (including a synchronization
from scratch), I realized the problem was that I had added a "path"
to my profile that did not exist on the other replica, and that was
what was failing.

I think I remember seeing better error messages, like "no such file
or directory". The problem here is that the error message suggests
rerunning unison, and in this case it cannot help.

Alan

PS: I sent messages about this on the old unison hackers mailing
list, you can ignore them (but they might already be in a black hole)