[Unison-hackers] ipv6 support

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue Jul 26 16:06:22 EDT 2005

Benjamin Pierce, le Tue 26 Jul 2005 11:04:21 -0600, a écrit :
> it would be good if the package maintainers can also take a look: I
> am not an ipv6-in-ocaml expert but I can imagine there might be
> portability issues to be careful of here.

BTW, as of ocaml 3.08.3, ipv4 adresses work with getaddrinfo, but ipv6
ones don't: see bug
http://pauillac.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs/fixed?id=3565;expression=ipv6;user=guest
This was corrected in CVS: revision 1.1.4.3 of caml/otherlibs/unix/
getaddrinfo.c, I checked that it indeed works now. It will be available
in next version of ocaml.

So this is just a matter of time: unison can already use getaddrinfo as
soon as now (ipv4 will continue to work), and ipv6 will actually work
when some new stable version of ocaml comes out.

Regards,
Samuel