[Unison-hackers] Re: Re: [unison-users] Quick poll: Who uses backup / backups?

Andrew Schulman andrex at comcast.net
Mon Jun 6 13:45:53 EDT 2005

>> So what are you proposing?
>
> Removing the centralized one (which is called backup).

I use backup.  Personally I loathe filling up my directories with .bak
files.  They clutter the listings and make it hard for me to see the
real contents.  I prefer stowing backups neatly in an out-of-the way
place like ~/.unison/backup.

Still, this is a preference, not a requirement.  Functionally the two
are equivalent.  If -backup went away I would probably decline to use
-backups, just because that functionality isn't that important to me (I
have other ways of backing up my data).  But if I had to I could use
-backups.