[Unison-hackers] PROBLEMS withhttp://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/download/unison-contributed-binaries/

Max Bowsher maxb at ukf.net
Sun May 15 01:09:01 EDT 2005

Benjamin Pierce wrote:
>> 1) The very important README files which are in the Subversion repository
>>    are missing!
>
> Weird -- they are there in the directory, but apache is not serving them.
> I've renamed them to INSTRUCTIONS.  :-)

OK, I've now figured out why README isn't shown[1] Whilst investigating, I
also discovered that Apache supports the insertion of specially named HTML
files into the header and footer of the directory index - so, I think I
shall reformat the contents of INSTRUCTIONS as HTML, and display them that
way.
This shouldn't require any server config tweaks, assuming those features
haven't been explicitly turned off.

Max.

[1] IndexIgnore,  if anyone is interested.