[Unison-hackers] Windows Daylight Savings Quirk

Kian Win Ong unison at bulk.squeakyblue.com
Mon May 16 11:46:54 EDT 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 10:58:28AM +0200, Jerome Vouillon wrote:
> > I am aware that 2.10.2 is out, but from the changelogs and mailing
> > lists, it seems that this issue still applies to the latest version.
> > Will be great if someone running 2.10.2 on a pair of Linux and
> > Windows/NTFS machines can verify that the presence of the problem.
>
> Unison 2.10.2 has some code which is supposed to provide a work-around
> to this problem: one-hour differences are ignored.  But this code was
> not really tested.
>
> So, I would really appreciate if you could try Unison 2.10.2 (or 2.12)
> and tell us whether it fixes this problem.

Using 2.12.0a on Windows and 2.12.0 on Linux, and the example in the
file property changes when we cross over into daylight savings.

As a result of Window's screwy C stat(), the timestamps replicated onto
Linux are inaccurate still. It would be really great if we could have a
fix (for their bug!) instead of a workaround. =) Would the Ocaml-Win32
wrappers suffice for our purposes?