[Unison-hackers] patches for 2.10.2 and 2.12.0

Max Bowsher maxb at ukf.net
Sun May 22 19:10:03 EDT 2005

Zvezdan Petkovic wrote:
>> I've built the new ports for stable and beta for OpenBSD.
>> However, before they go into the ports tree officially I'd like to apply
>> all the patches that are important for stability and functionality.
>>
>> One annoying thing I've noticed is that diff output is missing over ssh
>> connection.  I've seen the port on the unison-users list (posted by
>> Jerome).  There seems to be a patch related to assertion failure from
>> last fall (also by Jerome).  They both seem to be relevant to Unix
>> users.  Please confirm if this is true?
>>
>> There were a couple of patches by Jerome related to Windows (or Cygwin).
>> I'm not sure if I need to apply them to a Unix (OpenBSD) version at all.
>>
>> One thing that is disturbing is that I have to search through the
>> mailing list to get the patches that are crucial for the unison
>> functionality.  Can somebody put these patches together and make a
>> really stable version like 2.9.1 used to be?
>> Can you at least put the patches in one place for easy access and a
>> comment for which platform are they important?

What is probably needed is a new release cycle, since most of the patches
are committed to trunk.

>> If not, then perhaps, Max Bowsher could help me by sending all the
>> patches he has applied to his Windows port.  (Thanks Max I use it
>> between my office machine and my OpenBSD server.)

You're welcome - and I probably ought to be showing what I've changed
anyway. I had been intending to, which is why I gave the patches names in
the IMPORTANT.html file. So, I've now uploaded the patches.

https://cvs.cis.upenn.edu:3690/svnroot/unison-contributed-binaries/patches/

Max.