[Unison-hackers] identical conflict resolution

Dale R. Worley dworley at pingtel.com
Wed Nov 9 13:43:25 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 18:59 -0600, Jerry Haltom wrote:
> I would agree, from a purely technical point of view, this is right. But
> from a practical point of view, I suspect that in the majority of
> situations, it doesn't matter.
>
> I can't think of a reason I would care whether the times were accurate,
> as long as the contents were the same.
>
> I will try it with times = false later and see if I get my desired
> effect.

I agree that it seems odd, but Unison seems to use the approach I
described, with great consistency.  I believe that if you truly do not
consider the times to be important, only the contents, then you should
use "times = false".  And I see from the user's manual that the default
is "times = false".

Dale