[Unison-hackers] Other synching configurations

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Tue Nov 22 05:47:35 EST 2005

On 21 nov. 05, at 16:48, Dale R. Worley wrote:

> This scenario could be cured by having C sync with A before the
> file is
> changed to "bar".  Perhaps a rule of thumb is that if one makes a
> cycle
> of sync relationships, one has to keep all of the relationships
> updated,
> not just the replicas they connect.

Yes, this is true. I do use unison with cycles for a few things, and
with some discipline everything goes well. It's typically to work on
a web site (which I may do from my laptop or from my desktop, which
are synchronized), and before changing something I first do a sync to
bring the local synchronization state to the correct value.

Alan

--
Alan Schmitt <http://sardes.inrialpes.fr/~aschmitt/>

The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool
happen.
.O.
..O
OOO