[Unison-hackers] Error message "Destination updated during synchronization" does not give file name

Dale R. Worley dworley at pingtel.com
Tue Oct 4 15:02:33 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 16:46 +0300, Benjamin Pierce wrote:
> This would be easy to add, but I'm surprised that the error message
> itself appeared in a context where the name of the file that failed
> was not clear.  Maybe that's a better place to fix the problem?

Here is an example, taken from my unison.log:

[END] Updating file sandbox-40/sipX/sipXpbx/doc/developer/Makefile.config.in
[BGN] Updating file sandbox-49/dir-local/include/os/OsFS.h
  from //paradise.pingtel.com//home/dworley
  to /home/dworley
Failed with exception Util.Transient("Destination updated during synchronization")
[BGN] Updating file sandbox-49/dir-local/include/os/OsFileBase.h
  from //paradise.pingtel.com//home/dworley
  to /home/dworley
[END] Updating file .gaim/blist.xml

As far as I can tell, the Util.Transient exceptions are not necessarily
related to the files mentioned near them in unison.log.  For example:

[BGN] Updating file sandbox-49/dir-local/include/os/OsConfigDb.h
  from //paradise.pingtel.com//home/dworley
  to /home/dworley
[END] Copying .gaim/icons/682a502e
[BGN] Updating file sandbox-49/dir-local/include/os/OsConfigEncryption.h
  from //paradise.pingtel.com//home/dworley
  to /home/dworley
Failed with exception Util.Transient("The file /home/dworley/.gaim/prefs.xml\nhas been modified during synchronization: transfer aborted")
[BGN] Updating file sandbox-49/dir-local/include/os/OsConnectionSocket.h
  from //paradise.pingtel.com//home/dworley
  to /home/dworley
[END] Updating file .ethereal/recent
[BGN] Updating file sandbox-49/dir-local/include/os/OsDatagramSocket.h
  from //paradise.pingtel.com//home/dworley
  to /home/dworley
[END] Updating file .gconf/apps/evolution/mail/%gconf.xml

Dale