[Unison-hackers] Need fix for chmod problem

Jerome Vouillon Jerome.Vouillon at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Oct 5 10:43:50 EDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 09:50:42AM -0400, Dale R. Worley wrote:
> There are other cases as well, including the one I am stuck with.
> Namely, where the "permissions" as seen by the Posix interface are
> partly or largely fabricated, and chomd() is partly or largely
> ineffective, or as in my case, entirely forbidden.

Are you sure chmod is completely forbidden in your case?  I would have
thought that only the modification of some bits was forbidden.

Can you try to create a file and use the chmod Unix command in a way
that let its permissions unchanged.
The following two commands should do the job.  Does the chmod fail?
       touch foobar
       chmod +r foobar

-- Jerome