[Unison-hackers] checking the roots for preferpartial and forcepartial

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Wed Oct 12 11:22:25 EDT 2005

Hi,

Here is a patch that checks whether the roots are well formed for
preferpartial and forcepartial. It adds a
"Pred.extern_associated_strings" function to get all the associated
strings of a Pred.t.

This also does some code reorganization: lookupPreferredRoot does not
check for the "times" option when "newer" or "older" is used, this is
now done by "checkThatPreferredRootIsValid" (so we only need to do it
once when we start). This also fixes a small bug: if one had:

prefer = newer

then the check that "times=true" would not be done.

Alan