[Unison-hackers] Mac GUI

Benjamin Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Sun Apr 2 07:37:24 EDT 2006

> SVN revision 133 (2.19.22) concludes my Mac GUI hackathon for the time
> being.

All the changes look fantastic and the new "look" is much much nicer
than the old one.  Many thanks for your contributions, Ben!

> The only issue I am aware of is: I have always found the GTK2 GUI
> confusing because it does not distinguish between conflicting
> reconitems that the user has done nothing about, and conflicting
> reconitems that the user has chosen to skip.  So, reconitems that I
> have intentionally skipped are still marked with a red '?', making me
> worry about them.  Therefore, in the Mac GUI, I have added a flag that
> indicates when the user has actively decided to skip a conflicting
> reconitem; such items are marked 'skip' rather than 'conflicts'.  This
> makes a lot more sense to me; however, it is different from the GTK2
> UI.  If this change is wrong somehow, or just if the difference
> between the UIs is objectionable, I can of course get rid of the flag.

I don't mind having the GUIs diverge -- I doubt if there are many
people that regularly use more than one, and they are already rather
different anyway.  (We try to keep shortcut keys and things like that
roughly consistent, of course, and to avoid breaking one while
improving another.)

> Now would be a great time for anyone who's interested to build, test
> and complain about anything I messed up.

Will do.  :-)

     - Benjamin