[Unison-hackers] Mac GUI

Benjamin Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Sun Apr 9 15:21:30 EDT 2006

> http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/status.html
>
> Makes it pretty clear that development on Unison has officially
> stopped, but it seems like there are all sorts of new goodies
> appearing now.

The true story is that, although official development has stopped,
all the original developers still use Unison every day, and
occasionally we get hack attacks; also, occasionally someone like Ben
gets interested in looking under the hood (and then gets a hack
attack :-), and more good things happen.

> I am really excited about Unison's potential to help
> me maintain a single home directory across my stable machines and my
> laptops.  Should I download an official release or build from a branch
> of SVN, or...?

2.17 seems to be working well for most people.  If you're using a Mac
or experience problems with the backup functionality (where we've
fixed some bugs since 2.17), you may want to build yourself a new
version from the latest svn.

Regards,

     - Benjamin