[Unison-hackers] Unison OSX

Benjamin Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Thu Apr 20 17:24:35 EDT 2006

[cc'ing unison-hackers, in case someone wants to comment... :-]

Compiling the text-mode application (which is what you want on the
server) is easy.  Just grab and install the OCaml compiler from here

   http://caml.inria.fr/ocaml/release.en.html

then grab and unpack the Unison tarball from the download page, go
inside it, and type 'make UISTYLE=text'.

To build the GUI version, first do the above; then install the xcode
tools (they can be downloaded from apple).  Then type 'make' and you
should get a Unison.app inside the uimac directory.

The GUI version can probably also be found by searching the unison-
users archives, but you'll need to make sure you get the same major
version number on client and server.

Yes, we should probably offer a pre-built Unison.app on macupdate or
versiontracker.  Someone would probably have to do a little packaging
work, though, to make an installer script, since we'd want to provide
both the text-mode version and the GUI in a single dmg and make sure
they get installed in the right places.

     - Benjamin