[Unison-hackers] My unison-contributed-binaries access is revoked?

Max Bowsher maxb1 at ukf.net
Sat Aug 12 18:39:52 EDT 2006

Geoffrey Alan Washburn wrote:
> Max Bowsher wrote:
>
>>>     I disabled your account because the e-mail address I had on record
>>> was bouncing.
>> I did abandon my old email address due to excess spam, yes.
>>
>> Could my account be re-enabled, please?
>
> 	Okay, I've reactivated your account.  However, next time you decide to
> change e-mail addresses, it might be useful to inform people how to get
> in touch with you in the future.  I asked a few different people on the
> Unison project and none of them knew I how I could contact you.

Having done my own share of sysadmin work, I totally understand your
desire to tidy up accounts for which seem inactive, and you lack contact
info.

That said, I was not explicitly told that my email address had been
recorded separately as part of my svn account. Therefore, when I changed
it, I updated my address for the unison-hackers (and unison-users)
mailing lists (to which I have been continuously subscribed), and did
not realize that a stale copy of my contact info was present elsewhere.

Anyway, thanks for the fix,
Max.