[Unison-hackers] MAC OS issue ... only with the GUI version

Benjamin Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Sun Jan 7 09:25:21 EST 2007

>> For the moment, I think the only solution is to tear down
>> the OSX GUI binaries and advertise Unison as text-only (or GTK2-
>> based, if someone is willing to build it) under OSX.
>
> Should I stilll propose them on my page, with a note saying they
> might crash, or remove them altogether?
>
> (What I like about the recent version is that I get a GUI to see
> what the changes are, and they are propagated, even if Unison
> crashes when it's done. It's an improvement compared to crashing in
> the middle of propagation.)

I don't like offering people (especially naive users) a program that
is known to crash.  Also, if we get a lot of people using it, there
are going to be a lot of questions about when the crashes are going
to be fixed, but at the moment we have no one actually signed up to
even think about fixing them.  I agree it's a shame, but I think it's
really better not to distribute the binaries.

     - Benjamin