[Unison-hackers] Logotype design

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Sun Oct 14 07:01:08 EDT 2007

On 14 oct. 07, at 10:44, Vitezslav Valka wrote:

> Hi boys,
>
> thank you for the support and inspiration. I worked on both versions
> to make it more representative for its style.
>
> So the Illustrated version is more "dream" like. And the 3D "designed"
> version is a bit polished, and the bright spots are moved to dark half
> of the sphere, so they are more visible :) Colors on both versions are
> a little dimmed, to make it more solid, and more compact. The last
> thing I did, is export the image to GIMP at double size and resize it
> back to its original size with "cubic" interpolation.
>
> Previous design:
> http://nikdo.org/s/unison.png
>
> GIMP edited version:
> http://nikdo.org/s/unison-antialiased.png
>
> Original SVG (blured objects are visible only in Inkscape, not in
> browser)
> http://nikdo.org/s/unison.svg

Thanks a lot for your work, it's really getting there ;-)

I'm really torn between the two versions, I like them both:
- the illustration one: I like the shape of the arrow heads, and the
color. Suggestions for improvement: could you get rid of the dark
stripes at the bottom?
- 3d: I like the 3d aspect (which is something that bothers me a
little in the illustration version). Suggestions for improvement:
could you lower a bit the tip of the arrows (they seem to go a little
high which make for maybe too slender arrow heads)? Could you make
the front arrow more orange (it seems yellower than the illustration
version, whose color I find more pleasing)? And there is one thing
that looks great in the illustration version: the  yellow edge on the
dark branch of the U. Could it be doable in this version?

As for voting, I don't know what we should do. We could let Benjamin
decide ;-)

Thanks again,

Alan

--
Alan Schmitt <http://alan.petitepomme.net/>

The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool
happen.
.O.
..O
OOO