[Unison-hackers] Few Mac-specific patches for 2.27.57

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Tue Apr 15 04:13:25 EDT 2008

On 15 avr. 08, at 01:52, Grigory Entin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if it makes sense to anyone else, but in case it does,
> below are three patches I had to apply to Unison to make it work for
> me under Mac OS X (10.5) (just in case, they affect *just* few files
> under uimacnew). Sorry, if it has been already fixed/discussed - I'm
> new to this list and have not found anything in the archives.

Thanks a lot for the pages. I'll try to integrate them very soon.

> unison-2.27.57-root-prop.diff:
>
> Fixes the crash with objectAtIndex: 0 out of bounds error, that seems
> to be recently reported to this list. I can reproduce it by modifying
> permissions of two otherwise identical *root* folders (e.g. I use g+w
> for one folder and g-w for another). The thing is "pathArray" is empty
> in that case (see the patch).

Ah, great. This has been plaguing us for a while.

> unison-2.27.57-uimacnew-utf8.diff:
>
> Enforces UTF8 instead of "default" C-string encoding for some strings
> in Mac UI (seems to be crucial to deal with non-ASCII file names under
> Mac OS X).

I committed something a few weeks ago about this (but just realized
that the commit message did not make it to the list). I see you're
using UTF8, where my correction used fileSystemRepresentation. Is UTF8
better? (And by the way I see that I missed many occurrences of
"initWith...".)

> unison-2.27.57-symroot.diff:
>
> Fixes xcodebuild invocation in case when Xcode is configured with
> non-default location for build directories.

Thanks. There is also another pending patch that makes the XCode file
much nicer (exposing many settings through the GUI.)

Alan