[Unison-hackers] unison and inotify principle

Guillaume Lessard glessard at tffenterprises.com
Sat Jun 7 13:31:15 EDT 2008

On 08-06-04, at 07:38, Benjamin Pierce wrote:

>   Since I'm an OSX user, I'm particularly interested in writing a
>   watcher tool for this platform.  If anybody knows about
>   programming against the Spotlight API and can give me a hand,
>   that would be much appreciated.

Is there any reason to not use the simpler and less data-intensive
FSEvents API?

It tells you about the particular directory in a tree where a file has
changed; since unison is already adept at comparing directories, it
should be quick unless the change happens to be in a directory with a
large number of files...

--
Guillaume Lessard
glessard at tffenterprises.com