[Unison-hackers] Unicode names on Windows

Gregg Tavares unison at greggman.com
Tue Jun 17 01:26:26 EDT 2008

----- Original Message ----

I did take a look at that. Unfortunately the filename buffers in cygwin
are too small for typical chinese/japanese/korean filenames. It may
work for short filenames but for a typical .mp3 filename like

mp3folder/Band Name/Album Name/Track Name

it will fail

I tried recompiling that version of cygwin with larger filename
buffers but it was beyond the time I had. The maximum filename
size is not defined in one place. It could be that someone more
familar with the code could get that patch to work easily but I
couldn't. If anyone does I'd love to hear about it.