[Unison-hackers] Unicode names on Windows

Patrice Espié patrice.espie at art-de-france-export.com
Tue Jun 17 19:46:30 EDT 2008

Of course, I will do it, no pb.
Is there a way to speed up Unison -- fastcheck seems to be inactive on
sambas shares ...

2008/6/18 Benjamin Pierce <bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu>:

> Thanks for posting that, Patrice.  If you have a minute, perhaps it
> would be useful to add it to the Unison Wiki pages as well?
>
>     - Benjamin
>

> On Jun 17, 2008, at 9:19 AM, Patrice Espié wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to tell the way I found to (continue to) use Unison
> > with Linux and Windows, with "strange" characters in filenames. Not
> > sure this is a good place to tell about it, but perhaps this
> > solution should be added to the howtos of Unison.
> >
> > First of all, Linux handle characters correctly. So lets use Unison
> > on Linux only ...
> >
> > To synchronize my Windows shares, I mount them in Linux. Big
> > challenge here, because the mount process to obtain accents
> > correctly is not easy (at least, not well documented on the net):
> >
> > //IP_ADDRESs/WINDOWS_SHARE_NAME    /LOCAL_PATH_TO_MOUNT_TO
> > cifs
> > user
> > ,rw
> > ,uid
> > =
> > 1000
> > ,gid
> > =
> > 1000
> > ,umask=000,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,iocharset=utf8,credentials=/
> > root/.smbcredentials    0    0
> >
> > with "/root/.smbcredentials" file contents:
> >
> > username=WINDOWS_USER_NAME
> > password=WINDOWS_USER_PASSWORD
> >
> > Don't forget to add a blank line at the end of this file, it seems
> > to be important for cifs.
> >
> > Then, everything is ok for using Unison from Linux. The only bad
> > point is speed ...
> >
> > I hope this could help !
> > Patrice
> >
> > 2008/6/17 Gregg Tavares <unison at greggman.com>:

Patrice Espie
Art de France Export
总裁

Head office France :
3, rue G. Rossini, 26000 Valence
Tel: +33 4 75 02 27 70 - Mobile: +33 6 33 04 34 23
www.art-de-france-export.com

Shanghai Office :
Victoire - 法艺阁
The Bund Side - Room 3102 - Building N°7
288 Baidu road - Shanghai 200010, China
Tel: +86 21 6332 0787 - Mobile: +86 139 1740 2646
www.victoire.cn