[Unison-hackers] [unison-svn] r285 - in trunk: . doc src src/lwt

vouillon Jerome.Vouillon at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Jun 25 04:52:26 EDT 2008

Hi Benjamin,

> * Added some more debugging code to remote.ml to give more informative
>   error messages when we encounter the (dreaded and longstanding)
>   "assert failed during file transfer" bug

I suspect this has something to do with the hack in function
Copy.tryCopyMovedFile.  At least, someone synchronizing with
a Windows machine reported that the assertion failure happened
to him only when xferbycopying was set to true.  I suspect that
some Windows ssh servers merges stderr and stdout.  As under
Windows some information gets written on stderr when xferbycopying
is true, the client receive a corrupted stream of data.

Does this fit the other bug reports?

-- Jerome