[Unison-hackers] Help building OSX GUI

Benjamin Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Fri Feb 13 08:29:49 EST 2009

Well, I made a little more progress on this, but I'm not there yet...

PROGRESS: After some poking around in the path_helper script, it seems
that the read_path_dir function is not returning when the variable p
is set to /usr/X11/bin.  I still don't understand why, but apparently
this is the first thing it is trying to add to my PATH that is not
already there, and adding it to my PATH before running path_helper
makes it terminate successfully.

CURRENT PROBLEM: Now the OSX GUI compiles almost to the end, but the
final link step fails like this:

Ld /Users/bcpierce/current/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew/build/Default/
Unison.app/Contents/MacOS/Unison normal i386
     mkdir /Users/bcpierce/current/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew/build/
Default/Unison.app/Contents/MacOS
     cd /Users/bcpierce/current/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew
     setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.4
     /Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/
MacOSX10.4u.sdk -L/Users/bcpierce/current/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew/
build/Default -F/Users/bcpierce/current/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew/
build/Default -F/Users/bcpierce/current/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew -
filelist /Users/bcpierce/current/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew/build/
uimacnew.build/Default/uimac.build/Objects-normal/i386/
Unison.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -L/Users/bcpierce/godi/
lib/ocaml/std-lib -lunix -lthreadsnat -lstr -lasmrun -framework Cocoa -
framework Security -framework Growl -framework ExceptionHandling /
Users/bcpierce/current/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew/../unison-blob.o -o /
Users/bcpierce/current/unison/trunk/src/uimacnew/build/Default/
Unison.app/Contents/MacOS/Unison
Undefined symbols:
   "_chmod$UNIX2003", referenced from:
       _setFileInfos in unison-blob.o
       _setFileInfos in unison-blob.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Any idea?  (I'll attach a complete compile log, in case that helps...)

Thanks!

     - Benjamin