[Unison-hackers] Hello!

Cameron Thorne cameronthorne+unison-users at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 23:04:19 EST 2009

As I mentioned on unison-users, I'd really like to see a patch that
lets Unison read files on the fly as it scans a replica, and adds
ignore Paths on the fly based on what it finds.  Suggested by Martin
Pohlack over on unison-users, I think implementing functionality that
works just like GNU tar's --exclude-tag-all option seems to make
sense.

I have never worked with OCaml before, nor am I familiar with the
Unison source code (yet), but I'd like to learn more about it to the
point where I could submit a patch for this feature that is up to your
coding standards.  I'll be hacking at that for a while I'm sure.

I'll start with the guidelines for "Where to start" you posted on the
website, and in the READMEs, but I'm sure I'll be back for questions
along the way.

Just wanted to introduce myself for now.

-- Cameron