[Unison-hackers] Compiling under Mac OS X

Jerome Vouillon Jerome.Vouillon at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Jul 15 12:12:08 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 05:39:42PM +0200, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Jerome Vouillon <
> Jerome.Vouillon at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>
> > > Compiling the GUI on Mac OS required small patches to not attempt
> > > compiling a backwards compatible binary for 10.4 as this would fail::
> > >
> > >    "MINOSXVERSION=10.5" in src/Makefile.OCaml
> > >    "SDKROOT = /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk"
> > >    3x in src/uimacnew/uimacnew.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
> > >    (only one is necessary, see recent emails on the list)
> >
> > We should really fix this issue.  I'm wondering what the best changes
> > are so that:
> > - Alan can easily build binaries compatible with Mac OS X 10.4,
> > - the GUI can be compiled out of the box by everybody else.
>
> I thought I fixed this a while ago (revision 358 where I incorporated
> the patch from Martin
> von Gagern).

I have reports from Russel Winder and now Stefan Rank that this does
not work.  I guess they do not have the 10.4 SDK installed.

Maybe we should put back "MINOSXVERSION=10.5" in the Makefile?
Also, the argument "-sdk macosx$(MINOSXVERSION)" to the "xcode"
command does not seem to work.  Maybe the SDKROOT definitions in
  src/uimacnew/uimacnew.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
take precedence, and we should just remove them?

-- Jerome