[Unison-hackers] Compiling under Mac OS X

Stefan Rank list-ener at strank.info
Wed Jul 15 12:13:57 EDT 2009

on 2009-07-15 17:39 Alan Schmitt said the following:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Jerome Vouillon
> <Jerome.Vouillon at pps.jussieu.fr <mailto:Jerome.Vouillon at pps.jussieu.fr>>
> wrote:
>
>      > Compiling the GUI on Mac OS required small patches to not attempt
>      > compiling a backwards compatible binary for 10.4 as this would fail::
>      >
>      >    "MINOSXVERSION=10.5" in src/Makefile.OCaml
>      >    "SDKROOT = /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk"
>      >    3x in src/uimacnew/uimacnew.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
>      >    (only one is necessary, see recent emails on the list)
>
>     We should really fix this issue.  I'm wondering what the best changes
>     are so that:
>     - Alan can easily build binaries compatible with Mac OS X 10.4,
>     - the GUI can be compiled out of the box by everybody else.
>

> I thought I fixed this a while ago (revision 358 where I incorporated the patch from Martin
> von Gagern).

Indeed, the build just now worked out of the box, both text and gui,
after a make clean.
Sorry for the noise.

Still I had errors when first compiling that looked very much like
'wrong SDK'...
but I guess they must have been related to ocaml 3.11 then. I managed to
build a gui version with 3.11 by applying the above changes, but I had
to downgrade to version 3.10.2 anyway to avoid the 'child process' bug
in 3.11.

stefan