[Unison-hackers] [unison-users] Unison aborts all the synchronization after a permission issue

Jerome Vouillon Jerome.Vouillon at pps.jussieu.fr
Mon Jul 27 10:07:34 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 09:08:56AM -0400, Benjamin Pierce wrote:
> >But this is mainly a UI issue.  For the text UI, I use a difference
> >arrow "--?->" to indicate a partial synchronization (feel free to
> >change it if you have a better idea).  The "show details" key will
> >list all update detection errors.  For the GTK UI, I use an orange
> >arrow and their is a new "Details" button on the tool bar to get the
> >list of errors.  For both UIs, the number of partially transferred
> >directories is also reported after transport.  The Mac OS UI does not
> >allow partial synchronization yet.
>
> --?-> and the orange arrow both seem a little too subtle -- I don't
> think most people will notice.

Indeed, this is a little subtle.  But is that so important?  The next
time the user will run Unison, he will get explicit errors, as the
directory structure will have been transferred.

What may happen is that the user wrongly believes that the replicas
are fully synchronizated after transport.  Maybe we should make it
more visible when this is not the case.  For instance, we could pop a
summary window in the GTK UI.

> What about err-> for the text UI?

As you like.

-- Jérôme