[Unison-hackers] Help building OSX GUI

Jerome Vouillon Jerome.Vouillon at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Jun 11 13:08:33 EDT 2009

Hi Benjamin,

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:04:29PM -0400, Benjamin Pierce wrote:
> > If you can't wait for the makefiles to be fixed, you can edit
> > trunk/src/Makefile.OCaml and replace this line:
> >        (cd $(UIMACDIR); xcodebuild OCAMLLIBDIR="$(OCAMLLIBDIR)"
> > SYMROOT=build)
> > with:
> >        (cd $(UIMACDIR); xcodebuild -configuration Development
> > OCAMLLIBDIR="$(OCAMLLIBDIR)" SYMROOT=build)
>
> Doesn't quite work... is my OCaml compiled wrong, perhaps?

That may well be due to the following option in file
uimacnew/uimacnew.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj :

   ZERO_LINK = YES

Maybe the simplest thing to do is to revert the change in the Makefile
and replace all occurences of:
   SDKROOT = /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
by:
   SDKROOT = /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk
in file uimacnew/uimacnew.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj

There may also be a way to change the SDKROOT in the Makefile
(see some previous mails in the thread).

-- Jerome