[Unison-hackers] Help building OSX GUI

Jerome Vouillon Jerome.Vouillon at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Jun 12 12:41:00 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:07:28AM -0400, Benjamin Pierce wrote:
> There are three instances of ZERO_LINK in the project file -- two
> already set to NO and one set to YES.  Changing the latter to NO
> doesn't seem to affect the result... :-(

The project file contains three configurations.  With the
"Development" configuration, ZERO_LINK is set to YES.  With the
"Deployment" configuration, ZERO_LINK is set to NO.  With the
"Default" configuration, ZERO_LINK is not set.

> (Is it worth trying your other suggestion too?  What would go in the
> "..."?)

If you modified the file Makefile.OCaml as I suggested initially:
  (cd $(UIMACDIR); xcodebuild -configuration Development OCAMLLIBDIR=...)
and also the project file by changing the variable ZERO_LINK value
from YES to NO, then you are building using the "Development"
configuration with ZERO_LINK set to NO.  In this case, it is not worth
trying my suggestion, as the problem must be something else.

If the Makefile is unchanged, then you are building using the
"Default" configuration, which does not set the ZERO_LINK variable.
So, your changes in the project file had no effect and you should definitively try my other suggestion:
  (cd $(UIMACDIR); xcodebuild -configuration Deployment OCAMLLIBDIR="$(OCAMLLIBDIR)" SYMROOT=build)

-- Jerome