[Unison-hackers] Help building OSX GUI

Benjamin Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Wed May 6 22:35:30 EDT 2009

> I'm looking forward to someone giving this a try with a 10.5 ocaml, so
> that the patch can get incorporated.

I've been running Unison 2.33 on 10.5 today and it seems to work fine
with the text UI and with the new unicode support off (syncing both
mac<->mac and mac<->linux).   So at least nothing old is broken,
apparently.  :-)

With -unicode, it works for small sets of files but the update
detection on the linux side seems very slow.

One funny bug I noticed is that, with -unicode, my "ignore" directives
don't work any more!  The pathnames in the ignore directives are
clearly not getting normalized the same way as the filenames that it's
getting from the OS.

The GUI builds for me but doesn't work, because of a known bug with
OCaml 3.11 on OSX that causes Unison to fail with "Some error in
create_session child."  I don't know whether this has been fixed in
the meantime...

     - B