[Unison-hackers] Updated MAC frontend (based on trunk)

Markus Groß mgross at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Mon Nov 30 17:18:51 EST 2009

On 30.11.2009, at 22:44, Markus Groß wrote:

> On 30.11.2009, at 22:25, Benjamin Pierce wrote:
>> If your version is up to date with the trunk repository, then there's
>> no merging to be done, right?  It's just a matter of making sure your
>> version is working as well or better than the current one and then
>> overwriting...?
>>
>> Have you changed anything outside of the /uimacnew subdirectory?
>
> My version is up to date (r389) so basically the changes could be comitted without any conflict.
>
> I changed nothing outside the uimacnew directory and tested my version using my own profiles.
> I didn't ran into any problems but that doesn't have to mean the changes I made are bug-free.
> The changes however are mostly related to gui code, so the synchronisation process/algorithm should work the same as before.

I forgot to mention that parts of my changes involve licensing issues.
- Usage of BWToolkit. Uses BSD License - should be no problem.

- New icon of Unison: from mac4lin project. Uses LGPL/GPL - again no problem.

- New toolbar and table-icons: from www.mattballdesign.com
I took some icons from the icon-set and also modified some icons of the set.
The icon-set is under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License so there should be no licensing issue.

So my license check tells me that I was allowed to include the changes in unison (gpl).
However I wonder whether or not the toolbar/table icons have to be given explicit credit (for example in the aboutbox).

Benjamin, do you have more expertise in this area? Is everything license conform?

Also the graphic changes are probably not everyone's cup of tea.
So it's up to you if you want to stick with the current ones.

Cheers,
Markus