[Unison-hackers] internationalization

Sylvain Le Gall sylvain at le-gall.net
Wed Apr 14 14:46:36 EDT 2010

Hello,

On 14-04-2010, oyaji <lachat at okazoo.eu> wrote:
> On 04/13/2010 02:00 PM, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
>> First point:
>>
>> Second point:
>>
>> Could you be more precise, I am not sure to understand.
>
> The building uses another tool, which is ocamlfind. So, the user will
> have to install ocamlfind to build unison and maybe it is not necessary.
> Could we build unison without ocamlfind.

There are ways to build with ocaml-gettext, without ocamlfind. Just go
ahead with the your current solution. I will fix whatever is needed at
the end.

>> Other question:
>>
>> Why using unison 2.32.52? Why not using a svn checkout of the latest
>> version?
>
> I have tried on one version. Now I will work on the svn and commit when
> the internationalization will be OK.
>
> I have two others questions :
> 	Is it possible to have the translations without gettext arguments in
> the command line ?
> 	If it is possible, what are the good parameters in uigtk2Gettext.ml to
> have the translations ?

You can use LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8. If you are talking about the location of
the .mo files, I have another trick around with an environment
variables.

replace the dir variable in uigtk2Gettext.ml by

let dir =
  try
    Some (Sys.getenv "UNISON_GETTEXT_DIR")
  with Not_found ->
    None
  end

It should work, you just have to set UNISON_GETTEXT_DIR to the right
path of .mo files.

If you want, I can review your changes, before you send it to the Unison
team. I proposed to do the unison i18n by myself some time ago, but I
still don't have enough time. I still wish to help.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall