[Unison-hackers] Unison 2.40.1 -- beta release candidate

Jerome Vouillon Jerome.Vouillon at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Feb 23 15:22:19 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:32:58PM +0100, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Jerome Vouillon
> <Jerome.Vouillon at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 04:19:24PM +0100, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> >> I had to manually patch the caml/config.h file to set the int64 type to:
> >> #define ARCH_INT64_TYPE long long
> >> #define ARCH_UINT64_TYPE unsigned long long
> >
> > Another workaround is to put the two following lines just before the
> > caml includes in MyController.m and Bridge.m:
> >
> >  #define uint64 uint64_caml
> >  #define int64 int64_caml
>
> Will this allow compilation out of the box for both 32 and 64 bits
> architectures? If so we should commit it.

The types uint64 and int64 are not used anywhere in our code.  Thus,
this is just a way to avoid name conflicts between the Mac OS X and
OCaml header files.

Can you test this change and commit it?  You should add a comment that
indicates that this is a workaround for an incompatibility between
Ocaml 3.11.2 (and older) and the Mac OS X header files.

-- Jerome