[Unison-hackers] Error compiling unison (scanf)

Jason Axelson bostonvaulter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 15:57:06 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 2:59 AM, Jerome Vouillon
<Jerome.Vouillon at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 01:38:15AM -1000, Jason Axelson wrote:
>> Fatal error: exception Scanf.Scan_failure("scanf: bad input at char
>> number 4: looking for ':', found '$'")
>>
>> Does this point to a problem with my setup?
>
> I believe this is more a problem with svn not doing keyword
> substitutions.  Edit file mkProjectInfo.ml and change the definition
> of variable "revisionString" to something like:
>
>   let revisionString = "$Rev: 388$";;

Thanks Jerome, that fixed it. Although I don't fully understand how
this sort of error popped up. Is SVN supposed to change
mkProjectInfo.ml whenever I do a checkout? If so, it could also be a
problem with git-svn (since I'm using that rather than SVN directly).

Thanks Again,
Jason