[Unison-hackers] fsmonitor.py & ignore paths on Linux

Jay Levitt jay.levitt at akamai.com
Wed Jul 21 11:24:11 EDT 2010

Benjamin C. Pierce wrote:
> On Jul 20, 2010, at 4:08 AM, Jerome Vouillon wrote:
>
>> Unison should validate the output of fsmonitor.py using both the list
>> of synchronized paths and the ignore directives, removing paths that
>> do not corresponds to a file normally synchronized.
>>

> It should be doing (some version of) this already:

Oh, nevermind. I guess unison -server gets its ignore list from the
server side, not from the client's ignore list.  That's not quite
intuitive, since I (myself) am running it only on the client.  Maybe
doing -repeat watch should require syncing of .unison/this.prf, or at
least warn that it differs?