[Unison-hackers] prompts require newline in Cygwin

Andrew Schulman andrex at alumni.utexas.net
Thu Jun 17 16:24:03 EDT 2010

There's a small thing about Unison in Cygwin that's been bothering me for a
long time.

In Linux, when I'm synchronizing and I get a prompt for what to do with a
single file or to proceed with updates, I don't have to hit the enter key
after my answer - I just press the key, e.g. 'y' to go ahead, and it does.

But in Cygwin, after I answer the prompt, I have to also hit Enter.  It's
always been that way, ever since I first started building Unison for
Cygwin, way back around version 2.9.

It would be nice to fix that, but I don't have a clue what the reason is.
Can anyone suggest a solution?  Our ocaml in Cygwin is 3.08.1, BTW.

Thanks,
Andrew.