[Unison-hackers] Command line arguments and OS X GUI

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Mon Sep 6 11:53:49 EDT 2010

On 28 juil. 2010, at 15:21, Benjamin C. Pierce wrote:

>> Should we try then to fix the GUI, or to change the tutorial?
>
> Seems like fixing the GUI is the right thing to do, and probably pretty easy (for someone that knows their way around that code a little)...

So I identified what needs to be done to fix this, but I'm not comfortable around the Objective C link to OCaml code to actually do it.

The problem: when roots are given on the command line, the profile chooser is still opened.
The reason: when the command line is parsed, the roots encountered are stored by a call to "Globals.setRawRoots" (in uimacbridgenew.ml, unisonInit0). If there is a profile, it is checked whether it exists then it is returned. The Objective C code only tests whether a profile is returned, and opens the profile chooser otherwise.
The solution: check whether roots were set.

Now I don't know how to access Globals.rawRoots in Objective C (and match whether it's the empty list).

Alternatively, I could create a function on the ml side that does the check and returns a boolean. It's probably simpler, but I need to understand how to add these callbacks.

Thoughts?

Alan