[Unison-hackers] Automatically resolve conflicts

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Wed Apr 27 22:40:11 EDT 2011

Hello,
Me and a few developers at SAT.qc.ca started to write a simple FLOSS
GUI (in Python) for Unison. We aim to make it cross-platform between
GNU/Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. It should support having many
projects, and many remotes for each project. I have a few questions
regarding Unison. Here is one:

Is there a simple way to automatically resolve conflicts, let say by
choosing the most recent version of a file? For example, if file
"foo.txt" has changed on both the local and remote sides, we would
pick the most recent version of any of those sides. (or does someone
has something better to suggest?) How can something like this be done
without user intervention?

Thank you!
Best,
--