[Unison-hackers] Move Unison to Git

Pascal Bach pasci.bach at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 09:28:02 EST 2011

Hello

I noticed that there are a lot of patches floating around in the
unison-users mailing list especially for build purpose. And what I
know from the (Non-)development status page unison isn't actively
developed anymore but patches are still welcome.

I think in the current situation a distributed version control system
would be more useful as it would facilitate the inclusion of patch for
other people than the maintainers.
I thus propose that the main repository should switch to Git
(Github.com or Gitorious.org for example).

I already setup a mirror of the SVN repository on github were I keep a
branch with some build patches. https://github.com/pascal-bach/Unison

Please let me know what you think about my proposal.

Best regards
Pascal