[Unison-hackers] Move Unison to Git

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Wed May 4 14:50:07 EDT 2011

Hello dear Unison hackers,

I just wanted to say I really enjoy working with Git, and I find it
offers more useful features than Mercurial and Bazaar. It's the
de-facto most widely use distributed SCM tool.
It makes forks and merges very very easy.

For tracking issues, I second Trac and Redmine.

Also, I want to say - with respect - that I find it's a rather bad
idea to tie version numbers to SVN revision numbers.
Most of the project I worked on so far switch from SVN or Mercurial to
Git at some point, which made referring to SVN revision numbers in
Trac issues obsolete.

Best,
--
Alexandre Quessy