[Unison-hackers] [unison-svn] r508 - in trunk: doc src

Jerome Vouillon Jerome.Vouillon at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Sep 14 11:34:42 EDT 2012

Hi Benjamin,

> * Add a note to the 'new archives not identical' error message
>   explaining that this can happen because Unison binaries compiled
>   with OCaml 3 and OCaml 4 are incompatible.

Maybe we should release a modified stable version of Unison that
always uses the old hash function? That should not be too much work,
and should prevent most incompatibility issues.

As an alternative, the Unison client could try with both hash
functions, but that's a lot more work to implement. (In particular, we
would have to include an implementation of the new hash function in
Unison.)

What do you think?

-- Jerome