[Unison-hackers] Ignore files above a certain size

Steve Kalkwarf steve at kalkwarf.com
Thu Mar 7 08:33:24 EST 2013

On Mar 7, 2013, at 6:21 AM, Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org> wrote:

> I've been asked to add a feature to Unison: ignore the files that are
> greater than a certain size. I've looked at the code and it seems the
> least invasive way to do it is to have such file create an Error during
> update detection. What do you think of this approach?

I've never been a fan of using exceptions to dictate flow control, which is what this sort of smells like.

Also, what happens if the file threshold is set to 1 MB, and between syncs a file grows from 500K to 1.5MB? Delete it? Leave it? Sync it because it used to be synchronized?

There must be another way for the user to achieve this, without adding a pref?

Steve