[Unison-hackers] New Unison stable release candidate

Andrew Schulman andrex at utexas.edu
Wed Dec 31 10:48:27 EST 2014

> Unison 2.48 seems to be working well, so I’m promoting it to stable.  I’d appreciate it if a few people could give it a spin before I announce it to the wide world.

In Cygwin x86_64 with OCaml 4.01.0, the build of 2.48.3 is still failing
with "Unbound module System_impl.Fs.W".

ocamlopt: lwt/win/lwt_unix_impl.ml ---> lwt/win/lwt_unix_impl.cmx
ocamlopt -g -I lwt -I ubase -I system -I fsmonitor -I fsmonitor/linux -I
fsmonitor/windows -I system/generic -I lwt/generic -c
./lwt/win/lwt_unix_impl.ml
File "./lwt/win/lwt_unix_impl.ml", line 655, characters 35-57:
Error: Unbound module System_impl.Fs.W

Strangely though, the build then continues and creates what seems to be a
working unison.exe.

When I reported this problem in October, you answered, "I’m not set up to
compile on Windows, but it looks like ./system/win/system_impl.ml is where
this should be coming from."
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.unison.devel/2334)

I run the build with

  make OSCOMP=cygwingnuc UISTYLE=text SYSTEM=generic

Would a build with OSCOMP=cygwingnuc be expected to include that file?

Whatever the problem is, it wasn't present in unison 2.45.28.

Thanks,
Andrew