[Unison-hackers] [Bug] Website: "(Non-)development status": unluky formulation

moonkid at posteo.org moonkid at posteo.org
Wed Oct 29 13:26:28 EDT 2014

My Bug-Report depends on the current version of this page
<http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/status.html>.
It describe the current development status of Unison.

I read it and understand it. I understand what the author means.

But for persons who are not familar with Unison could have false
beliefs about the status.

For example the german Ubuntu-Wiki-Page for Unison tell the reader that
Unison is not active and wont be improved in the future. The read
understand there: Unison is dead!

You see?

First of all the first two sentences should reformulated. They have
"negative" sound. Make them "positive". My english is bad and so I am
not able to give you a nice and well formulated example.

e.g.
The development goals are reached. The plan is fulfilled so that
currently there is no plan (and no need!) for big new features, etc.
All active(!) developers and helpers are doing their work in freetime
without schedule. Sometimes with much time capacity sometimes with less.

Understand what I mean? ;)