[Unison-hackers] File watcher process for BSD

Chris Stankevitz chris at stankevitz.com
Mon Aug 24 19:36:57 EDT 2015

On 8/21/15 10:38 AM, Matt McClure wrote:
> Is fsmonitor.py sufficient?

Matt,

I assumed it wasn't given that is has sections for linux, mac, and
windows but not BSD.  Mac code uses fsevents which is not supported on
BSD.  Linux code uses inotify which is not supported by BSD.

Can you tell me: when using '-repeat watch', how does unison discover
the PID of the fsmonitor.py?  Or, if unison launches fsmonitor.py,
where/how does it find it or where can I change the name?

Thank you,

Chris