[Unison-hackers] Unison on El Capitan

David E. Filip dfilip at colornet.com
Tue Dec 15 09:06:14 EST 2015

Alan,

Thanks for the feedback:

> You can try this one:
> http://alan.petitepomme.net/unison/assets/Unison-OS-X-2.48.15.zip
>
> It has been modified to install the command line tool in the correct
> place.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe 2.48 will work with my CentOS 6 Linux servers, since the latest version in the yum repository is 2.40.  I know that mixing and matching different Unison versions usually doesn’t work.

> The cltool binary is small because all it does is ask the Finder about
> where the Unison app is, and start is. What you could do is copy cltool
> as /usr/local/bin/unison.

OK, if I copy that from one of my Mavericks systems to /usr/local/bin on El Capitan, should that also work?  I know that /usr/bin/unison on my Mavericks systems is much larger.

Thanks,

Dave.