[Unison-hackers] Unison on El Capitan

David E. Filip dfilip at colornet.com
Tue Dec 15 10:06:09 EST 2015

Alan,

Unfortunately, that does not work, but I think I’m missing another piece here.

I have tried copying the /usr/bin/unison from Mavericks to El Capitan:

-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 root  wheel  29880 Dec 14 17:51 /usr/local/bin/unison

I also tried copying /Applications/Unison.app/Contents/MacOS/cltool to /usr/local/bin/unison:

-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 root  wheel  9344 Dec 15 09:54 /usr/local/bin/unison

In both cases, if I am ON THE EL CAPITAN system and type ‘unison’ from a terminal window, the Unison app launches.

In both cases, if I try to sync from a remote system, I receive an error:

$ unison iTunes
2015-12-15 10:00:42.602 Unison[98002:1307] Connecting to iTunes...
bash: unison: command not found

Here is the profile that I’m using:

# Unison preferences file
root = /Users/dfilip/Music/iTunes
root = ssh://minerva.colornet.com//Volumes/BACKUP500GB/iTunes
ignore = Name {.DS_Store}
ignore = Name {._*}

However, if I ssh from the remote system that I’m trying to sync from, it works:

$ ssh minerva.colornet.com
Last login: Tue Dec 15 09:54:10 2015
minerva:~ dfilip$ hostname
minerva.colornet.com
minerva:~ dfilip$ exit
logout
Connection to minerva.colornet.com closed.

So is there some other piece that I’m missing which is preventing the unison command from being found on the El Capitan (minerva.colornet.com) system?

I’m wondering if SIP is still getting in the way somehow?

Thanks,

Dave.