[Unison-hackers] uimac14: TheGrowl vs NotificationCenter

Jan Hacker jan at hacker.ch
Mon Feb 9 15:11:45 EST 2015

On 02 Feb 2015, at 13:36:49 , Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org> wrote:

> In that case we can simply apply this patch (and I'm in favor of doing so).

I still took a try on your proposal using availability macros [1]… but when
playing with them on 10.7.5 /w XCode 4.6.x, the build failed for me - independently
of any macros being patched in or not. Xcodebuild complained being too old to
read the MainMenu.xib (which has been completely replaced from r527 to r529?).

Was uimac14 ever considered to be build-able for (on?) … say, 10.6?
It would just have been a bit sad if <10.8 build compat was lost only
for notifications’ sake… that’s why I had to check ;)

jan

[1] http://n.ethz.ch/~hackerj/unison-nogrowl-pre108-compat.patch